27.11.08

Pakistan

It all started as a dream....kind of. I got a call from Ben on a freezing Lake Tahoe night while drifting to sleep in the back of my Land Cruiser after a hard day of construction labor. We had been talking about a trip to India, but the first thing he said to me on that late night call was "What do you think about Pakistan?"
So here we are back in Delhi after an amazing trip to the Karakorum Mountains and the Indus River, already wanting to go back to Pakistan and start over again. It was far and away the most amazing place I have been and think we all share similar feelings. Incredible people, culture, geology, and of course the Indus River through the Rondu Gorge made this experience second to none.
Ben and I are now planning for more adventure in India, but I'll leave a few photos taken by Roland Stevenson, our guide who made this trip possible and to whom we are indebted for this amazing journey.
Darin McQuoid and Phil Boyer also took many amazing photos that I'm sure will be popping up soon. I'll preface these photos by saying that they are an incomplete showing of the whole trip, but should give some idea of the people, landscape, and river.

Arriving in Islamabad


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


From paki


There's a great story with every one of those photos, but I'll have to get to those later.