14.3.08

Return to Oregon

Well it's been too long since an update so now that I am back in the early spring Oregon rains I have some time to relax and get things in order after a long trip and prepare for the next leg. I was very excited to get back to the homeland and see so many people and places I have been missing for the last few months.
So here I am now in Corvallis about to watch one of my best friends defend for his masters degree, after which there will be much celebration followed by a few weeks paddling in Washington then on to a California summer.

As for the last couple months, I spent one traveling through Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, and Peru on my way to a free trip with Small World Adventures in Ecuador. I won the summer free trip give-away last October and cashed in on it in early February. I had already been planning on leaving from Ecuador, so it worked out perfectly and I got to paddle briefly before I came home.

Eating lunch on the Jondachi

Boofing on the Jondachi.

Scenery from the river

Jason Schroeder, Hood River representative, on the first drop of the Jondachi.

The Small World van parked outside the lodge.


Everything at SWA was exceptional, from the food and lodging to the guiding and river experience. I was surprised and very happy with the quality of the paddling and especially the on-river guiding.

I came back to Oregon for a couple days then left for Arizona and a trip on the Grand Canyon. I had been expecting cold, wet weather and a generally uncomfortable trip, but was again surprised and very happy with our many days of sun and unseasonably warm weather.











Random kayaking shot by Jonathan Blum